Golf Villages are self-regulating facilities as golf courses and the same fundamental rules that pertain to golf courses are used on the range. The rules of golf are meticulous and are precise and intensely detailed. Like an intricate jigsaw puzzle, each rule is there for the safety of yourself and others around you and to ensure that all players enjoy the facility based on etiquette and respect.
- Players should always show consideration for other players on the range and should not disturb their play. Members should ensure that where possible devices such as cell phones are turned onto silent mode.
- People should not stand too close or directly behind the bays when players are practicing.
- Players should only take practice swings inside the bays or demarcated areas.
- On the putting green players should not stand on another players line of putt or when making a putt cast a shadow over his line of putt. Never walk through another players putting line, instead you should step over it or preferably walk around it.
- Players should ensure that no damage is done to the putting green when removing the lollipops and placing them on the green.
- Players should not lean on their clubs when on the putting greens, particularly when removing the ball from the hole.
- All lollipops are to be replaced in the putting cups once you have finished putting.
- Players need to remove the balls from the putting green and putting cups and place them back in ball dispenser when finished.
- Members should practice at a good pace. With the exception of obtaining more balls, no breaks and booking of bays is allowed. If you are not practicing, vacate the bay and allow another member to use it.
- Before leaving a bunker, players should carefully fill up and smooth over all holes and footprints made by them and any nearby made by others. A rake is available at each bunker and should be used for this purpose. No unused balls are to be left in the bunker.
- Players should avoid causing damage to the range by removing divots when taking practice shots or by hitting the head of the club into the ground on grass days.
- Practice balls are the property of Golf Villages. Under no circumstances are members allowed to remove the balls from the range. Theft is a crime and anyone found stealing balls will be prosecuted accordingly.
- Players are to ensure that all papers and litter is to be removed from the practice area and placed in the bins provided.
- Players are at all times to be aware of equipment and greens keepers on the range and are to avoid hitting them at all times. Players who are seen to be aiming for them will be asked to leave and their membership to the range will be revoked without a refund.
- Players are to ensure that they do not hit balls towards the freeways or towards any billboards or marketing which may be placed on the range.
- Although balls are continuously washed and screened balls that are found by members that are unfit for play are to be handed to the ops officer on duty. A ball is unfit for play if it is visibly cut, cracked or out of shape. A ball is not unfit for play solely because of mud, or its surface is scratched, scrapped or its paint is damaged or discoloured.
- Players are to supply and use their own tees on grass days. No tees will be supplied on these days.
- Players are not to remove the synthetic inlays from the rubber mats and place them on the grass on grass days.
- Players are not to play off any grass areas with the exception of grass days and within the demarcated areas. Players who breach this rule will be asked to leave the facility and will not be refunded.
- Players are not to hit balls over pathways.
- Players are not to chip onto or off the putting greens.
- Players are to adhere to recommendations or instructions given to them by marshals with regards to the rules and regulations that are documented here in. Any failure to comply will result in the player being requested to leave the facility without a refund.
- Members are to ensure that non-playing guests do not use the facility. Non-playing guests who are found to be in fact using the facility will be asked to leave along with the member they are accompanying. The member will have no claim to a refund in such cases.
- All guests must complete the indemnity form at reception.
- Guest entry may be limited.
- Balls are unlimited; however, members are to take one bucket at a time only.
- Empty buckets are to be returned to the bucket stand by the members once the member has finished practicing.
- If the facility, greens, or specific areas are deemed to be unfit for play, the area may be closed for usage and the member will have no recourse with regards to that decision. Areas closed for play will be closed without prior notification.
- Members are not allowed to tip staff members for assisting them in any way.
- If a member notices that a mat is torn or damaged, either before practicing commences or during practice, he should notify the marshal immediately.
- Members are not to play or walk over areas that are marked area under repair.
- Members are to wear closed shoes whilst practicing. No slops or open shoes are to be worn whilst practising. We request that members show decorum in their choice of dress whilst at the Golf Villages.
- Although children are allowed on the range, it is the member’s responsibility to ensure the safety of your child and that the child adheres to the etiquette of the range. An adult must accompany a child at all times.
- Golf Villages will not be held responsible for loss or damage sustained to property belonging to any member and/or their guests.
- Golf Villages’ reserves the right to close all or part of the facility for maintenance or ball collection periods during the day and members and/or guests may be requested to move in order to facilitate the process.
- Golf Villages reserves the right to amend or change the rules and regulations as it deems fit and all the members and or guests are obliged to comply with these rules and regulations.
Your membership will commence on the Start Date, from which date you will be entitled to access the facilities of Golf Village in accordance with your selected membership type and will continue for a fixed period payable upfront or via debit order. Should you wish to terminate your membership on the termination date of your initial period, then you should notify your home facility by giving 20 business days prior written notice. Should your notice be within your minimum duration period, a cancellation fee will be applicable. Please keep in mind that Golf Village may at any time withdraw all or part of its facilities for any period in connection with the repair, alteration, or refurbishment of the facilities or for any reason beyond the control of Golf Village.
Please take note of the below fee structure and understand that all of the below fees are applicable for each and every membership.
- Entrance Fee: This is an activation fee and is applicable to each and every new membership.
- Card Fee: Each member is required to pay a card fee for their access card. Lost or stolen cards are charged as per the current price list.
- Pro-Rata: A Pro rata fee is payable upon joining for the remainder of the current month.
- Monthly Debit Order Fees and Upfront monthly fees: These fees are in accordance with your membership type and as per the price list of Golf Village. The monthly fee is applicable for all members and is payable to ensure the continued availability of services in accordance with your membership agreement. These fees are used for running costs, consumables, water, lights, rent, etc.
- Annual Special Levy (13th fee): The annual special levy is applicable to all memberships, and it will be debited along with your normal monthly fees in December each year. This fee is used to upgrade the facility. This fee is calculated and charged at your current monthly rate. Take note that the fees structure may change from time to time at the discretion of the Directors of Golf Village.
- Members must remember their card. Without it they will not be able to access the range.
- If the member has lost their access card, they must report it to their home range. A new card will be issued at the going rate, but they must remember to bring along their ID.
- A members’ access card is for their exclusive use only. Use of their card by a non-member may result in their expulsion from the range and the termination of their membership.
- All members including children must have an access card.
- If membership fees are in arrears, access will be denied to the membership cardholder and dependants, until arrears are settled.
Member Age Restrictions
- All children up to and including the age of 12 years have to stay under supervision of the parent at all times, when using the range.
Dress Code & Personal Hygiene
- Member must wear suitable clothing (Not revealing clothes) at all times while practicing and using the facilities.
- Any personal belongings picked up by a fellow member or staff member, needs to be taken to the Welcome Desk to be handed in and recorded in the lost and found register as per the Policy & Procedure and locked up in lost property cupboard.
- The Company will not be held liable for any loss or theft of valuables, loss or damage to personal property of members or their guests as this is the member and guest responsibility.
- After 14 days lost property will be donated to charity if not collected. The Company does not accept responsibility for lost property or for members’ property left in/at the range.
- All ranges operate from 08:00 in the morning till 20:00 in the evening, Monday to Friday, Saturday’s open till 19:00 and Sunday’s till 18:00, with exception of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day the Ranges are closed.
- The above-mentioned operational times may be adjusted accordingly during the festive season and during the winter months.
- No member will be allowed access on to the Range 15 min prior to the range closing.
- The Welcome Desk Agent will make announcements over the P.A system ½ hour before the range closes that the range will be closing in ½ hour and the again in the next 15 min, then every 5 min until closing.
- The company won’t be held responsible for any loss, theft and /or damage to motor vehicles or any other mode of transport of members’ or their guests on the Range premises or any parking area designated for use of members’ or their guests.
- If it is deemed that you have willfully or negligently caused damage to the Company’s property, you will have to pay for the damage caused.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the Range, unless approved by the Company in accordance with legislation.
- NO FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED ON THE RANGE.
- The Company reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations from time to time and members’, guests’ and/or occupants of the Range should please familiarize themselves with the Rules and Regulations currently in force.
- The Company reserves the right to use members’ images if taken during photographic shoots of facilities or as standard photography.
- Food and alcohol is permitted only in designated areas e.g. the Restaurant
- Right of admission to the Range is reserved.