The Best Golfers of 2020
The 3 best golfers of 2020 (and who to watch out for).
2020 might be remembered as the year in which golf was offline… However, as the tees start to fly again, we ranked three of the best golf players on the planet right now.
Our pick for the top 3 best golfers of 2020 are players who have raised eyebrows across the world over the last year:
- Nelly Korda, the American 21-year-old, is destined for stardom;
- Tiger Woods is eyeing Jack Nicklaus’ career majors record and
- Jin Young Ko’s scoring average is a grass blade away (0,005) from Rory McIlroy’s.
Although she’s yet to win a major, she’s making fans with her 3 big league wins in the last year. Korda was born in 1999, and is the No. 2 ranked player in women’s golf. With 25 top 10 finishes under her belt, she’s definitely a player to watch!
The arguable face of golf has taken strides in recent years. Since 2019, he’s secured 2 wins including the 2019 Masters trophy. Mr. Woods seems to have some tiger in his tank for the rest of the majors that lie ahead…
Jin Young Ko
Also known as Ko Jin-Young, the South Korean has made headlines with 5 wins over the last year, including 2 majors. She’s currently the No. 1 ranked female golfer and has held the top position for a year now. We’re all excited to see Ko and the Number 2 Korda battle it out on the fairway soon!
Who to watch out for?
Our favourite golfers to watch out for in the 2021 season includes:
- Dustin Johnson; who finished one stroke behind Tiger Woods in the 2019 Masters and two strokes behind the 2019 PGA Championship winner Brooks Koepka.
- The 36-year-old 2019 US Open winner Gary Woodland (who has two other top 10 finishes in his last five majors).
- Xander Schauffele. Known for being a great all-rounder, he’s yet to win his first golf major. Schauffele has finished in the top-6 five times in his first 11 career majors.
The PGA Tour schedule has been confirmed, and we can’t wait to hear the tees fly on September 12th in West Virginia!
From everyone here at TGV…
The Golf Villages are a one-stop destination for golf tips and advice. We’d love to have you at our facilities!
Also, be sure you’re up to scratch with the new 2020 Handicap System. The new system caps all handicaps at 54 and also allows you to blame the weather…